Everyone wants a safe and happy Halloween for themselves, their family and guests.
To help make this Halloween an enjoyable and memorable occasion, CNR First Insurance Services would like to share with you some helpful tips & tricks on how to keep you and your family safe this Halloween season!
• Set Ground Rules. If your child will be trick-or-treating without you, establish a route with your child and don’t allow your child go door to door in an unfamiliar neighborhood.
• Be sure to walk on the sidewalks and driveways. When crossing a street, make sure you are crossing at the corner or in a crosswalk.
• If possible, carry a cellular phone.
• Make sure your child carries a flashlight, glow stick or apply reflective tape on their costume to remain visible.
• To keep kids from tempting to dig into their candy before you get home, feed them a meal or snack beforehand.
• If you bring your pet along, IDs please! Always make sure your dog or cat has proper identification.
• Remind your child of the dangers of getting into a stranger’s car at any time. If someone stops them and asks for help or offers them candy, tell them to scream as loud as they can and run.
• If your child has a food allergy, be sure to carry their emergency medicines with you.
• When driving, remember that children are everywhere. Be alert and drive slower than the speed limit in neighborhoods.
• And remember to enjoy yourself!