Sometimes you need a little extra assurance when insuring your car or home.
You can amend your car or home insurance policy to best meet your needs. We call it an endorsement. Basically, it’s a written agreement that expands or outlines the limits in your policy.
Check out some of the most common additional coverages that many of our Customers opt to add to their policies.
Coverage that can be added to your home insurance policy:
- Sewer and drain backup coverage – Covers a loss caused by water or sewage that back up through sewers or drains or overflows from a sump pump.
- Earthquake – Covers the cost to replace or repair damaged property following an earthquake.
- Identity recovery – Covers the expenses associated with restoring your identity.
- Scheduled personal property – Provides protection for expensive items such as jewelry, furs, watches, guns, fine arts and personal computers.
- Replacement cost on personal property – Offers loss settlement on the cost to replace property with an identical or comparable item with no deduction for depreciation.
- Incidental business occupancy – Provides liability coverage for a business being operated from your home.
Coverage that can be added to your auto insurance policy:
- Road service coverage – If your vehicle becomes disabled, this coverage pays for reasonable auto towing and required labor costs at the site of the breakdown. (Limitations apply in North Carolina.)
- ERIE Rate LockSM – It gives you a chance to lock in a competitive premium on your auto insurance so you’ll pay the same amount year after year (1). Even if you have a claim, your rates won’t change until you make certain changes to your policy. Learn more about Rate Lock.
- Auto Enhancement Endorsement – This endorsement offers several options, including up to 10 days of transportation expenses should your vehicle become disabled after a collision. It also offers you ways to cut costs on your policy’s deductible. Your deductible would be reduced by $100 for each consecutive claims-free policy year that you’re insured with ERIE, up to a maximum of $500. (The endorsement is not available in North Carolina. The deductible cannot be reduced to less than $100 in Pennsylvania.)
- New Auto Security Coverage – If your new car that’s two years old or less (2) is totaled, you may need a new one. And that’s exactly what ERIE will do when you have this coverage. This endorsement must be added to a new vehicle within 60 days of the lease/purchase of the vehicle and you must have the vehicle insured for comprehensive and collision coverage. It’s not available in New York or North Carolina. This coverage also offers you lease/loan security and repair coverage options.
To check on your coverage, contact us at 410-897-9890. We will review your current policies and help ensure that your car and home are properly insured.
(1) Not available in North Carolina, Maryland and New York. ERIE Rate Lock does not guarantee continued insurance coverage. Insured must meet applicable underwriting guidelines. Premium may change if you make a policy change. Patent Pending.
(2) The age of the auto will be determined by subtracting the model year of the vehicle from the year of inception of the current policy period.