As our lives change, so do our insurance needs. Here are some examples of when to check your coverage:
1. You’re remodeling or building an addition to your property. In some cases, remodeling projects can increase your home’s reconstruction cost and you may want to adjust your homeowners insurance coverage. (Whenever you hire a contractor, be sure you request a certificate of insurance to confirm that the contractor has liability and workers’ compensation coverages.)
2. Your teen starts driving. If a teenager in your home is learning how to drive, that means you’ll soon need to help them purchase insurance. We can guide you through the process, find the best way to add the young driver to your policy and provide materials about safe driving behavior.
3. You got a new job. If you have accepted a position and the work commute is shorter or longer, call us. A significant change in annual mileage could warrant a change in your auto policy.
4. You bought a new ride. If you’ve purchased or leased a new or used vehicle, your insurance policy needs to be updated. Car dealers are required by law to confirm insurance coverage, but only you can make the necessary changes to your policy to make sure you’re fully protected.
5. You’re saving a buck with refinancing. When you’re taking advantage of lower interest rates by refinancing your home or vehicle, your policy should be updated to reflect any new mortgagee or lienholder. If you’ve paid off your car loan, let us know about that too.
6. Your family’s growing and changing. When you get married or welcome a new baby to the family, the new responsibilities may warrant a change in your home, auto and life insurance coverage.
7. You’ve bought a little luxury. When you purchase valuables such as a diamond ring or a rare piece of art, you should contact your Agent. A typical homeowners policy covers personal belongings and furnishings up to the policy limits, but higher-valued items may have additional coverage limitations. (Ask us how you could expand your protection with affordable endorsement bundles that are available with an ErieSecure® Policy1.)
8. You’ve started a home-based business. Depending on the equipment and the nature of your home-based business, you may need an endorsement or separate policy to protect your investment and liability exposures. Ask our agency.
9. It’s time to retire. Ready to kick back and relax? We can help you maximize the benefits of your retirement plan with a life insurance program.2
No matter what you’re considering, we can assist you with life, auto or home insurance policy changes and insurance needs. Contact our office today at 410-897-9890.