$35,000 to $50,000 Annually (plus commission)
- Simple IRA w/ 3% match
- Paid Vacation
Why Work Here?
“Awesome, caring owners & co-workers, great benefits and lots of room for growth!”
We are looking for a Personal Lines Insurance Customer Service Representative to join our team.
Three or more years’ prior insurance related experience. An agent’s license is required. Good interpersonal skills. Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to operate a personal computer.
- Handle and process new and renewal personal lines business.
- Provide in-house customer service to clients as assigned and requested.
Summary of Major Responsibilities
- Receive phone calls from clients and companies regarding insurance, claims, or administrative problems, and comply with the request and/or refer to the producer only when necessary.
- Market new business, determine premiums, prepare and present proposals to clients and maintain underwriting and marketing information by carrier.
- Determine which product is to be used to write a needed coverage and the requirements for proper submission of a risk. In selecting a product, consider factors such as: quality of risk, competitive requirements and the like.
- Quote rates and bind coverage within granted authority for new, renewed and rewritten business.
- Prepare policy transmittal including all data entry information.
- Maintain a suspense system to follow up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports, and follow up on overdue and suspense items.
- Be familiar with and follow agency E&O guidelines.
- Maintain electronic and when necessary, paper files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Handle minor company complaints and inquiries within authority and refers complex situations to agency officers.
- Handle processing policy changes, renewals, cancellations and related matters. Performs required follow-up to assure that the policy is properly endorsed.
- Reunderwrite Agency accounts as directed.
- Receive premium payments from policyholders and answers inquiries which involve providing service to policyholders.
- Utilize our current systems including our management and marketing programs.
- Handle day to day servicing of assigned personal lines book of business.
- Fight to retain business, cross-sell business and refer business in-house to other departments.
- Assist walk-in customers, as necessary or needed.
- Perform other duties as requested and/or required.
Position Performance Evaluation Standards
- Adhere to and comply with established agency procedures.
- Adhere to standards of performance for service.
- Maintain current insurance licenses.
- Obtain specific sales goals as assigned.
- Must have a positive and friendly attitude.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be computer literate.
- Must be a self-starter, imaginative and creative with good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Should have thorough understanding of personal lines underwriting and coverages.
- Must embrace our Mission, Vision, Value Statement (on website or copy available upon request).
- We work with carefully selected & highly rated Insurance Companies
- Potential to earn uncapped commission
- Unlimited career growth opportunities
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Company Parties
- Simple IRA 3% Match
- Family oriented
About CNR Insurance
We are a full-service, independent, retail insurance Agency representing several hand-selected, complimentary insurance Companies. Our Agency writes Personal, Commercial & Life related insurance products. We offer our Customers the right coverage at the right price. We are insurance Counselors, not Quoters. We are a growing organization with a work-hard, play-hard mentality.
Company address: 166 West Street Annapolis, MD 21401