Do you have a play room for your children in your home? This may be a good idea considering you don’t want toys all over the place. In addition to constant mess, you could risk someone getting hurt by running and tripping over something. Therefore, designating a room in your home for fun is a good way to promote safety and playtime for all!
Learning and playing in your home should be priority as your children grow. Creating the perfect playroom that is warm and welcoming can bring a smile to anyone’s face. This space should be a low key area that is also easy to clean so you don’t have a headache each time you walk in. It doesn’t need to be elaborate, but should be well-planned. Here are some tips that can help you build a play space that fits your home:
• You should encourage play and education, not hazards. Make sure to cover anything you wouldn’t want your child getting into, such as shielding electrical outlets and covering sharp edges and corners.
• Remove breakable items such as free-standing lamps and cover the walls with washable paint if your child feels like being artistic one day.
• Choose comfortable, child-size playroom furniture. Some soft flooring is a good idea in case someone falls so they can have a comfortable landing.
• Keep your play space neat by installing bins, bookshelves, and other playroom storage items.
• When it comes to decorating the playroom, your options are limitless. Find fun patterns, bright paint, and eco friendly lighting that your kids will love.
At CNR First Insurance Services, we hope these playroom tips help your family grow closer together in learning how to have lots of safe fun! Your home is your family’s safety, security, and stability. This is why along with customizing it to your unique lifestyle, you should also protect it with homeowners insurance. We can help ensure you have the coverage needed to protect you, your family, and your property while staying within your budgetary requirements.